YAYYYYYY JAPAN Blog Entry 170327

I'm back from my Japan, Osaka trip (12 - 17 March) and it took me forever to do this entry due to my almost immediate illness which followed up for a week after I'm back from Japan and procrastination of course.

My videos from Japan has already been sorted out but I've been lazy at editing the videos XD Anyway this entry is to talk about what I've done during this trip. My main purpose of this trip was to visit my Japanese cousins with my family.

The weather condition at Osaka, Japan was:

9 - 11 Degree Celcius
Very Windy close to raining at times

Day 1

We flew from Singapore to Japan via transit at Malaysia KLIA and the total flight time was around 12 hours in total. Once we landed, we head over to our hostel to leave our luggage and have a short break. After that we left to explore Umeda and we just wandered around aimlessly until I got lost and separated from my family.

But all is good, I know my way back to our hostel as the subway system was easy to use and memorise so I head back to the hostel alone first. After they came back to the hostel, they explained to me about their efforts to look for me as they thought I was lost and alone in Umeda XD

Then we went out at night to the nearby Dotonbori where all dem good street food are at. And since it was night time, the place looked even more amazing. I shall make a list of some of the more notable food I tried/saw there:

1. Takoyaki | A must try since it's originated from Osaka

2. Ice Cream Melon Bread | A bread made to look like a Melon with Ice Cream filling

3. Okonomiyaki | I would recommend you to go to a restaurant to do the cooking yourself instead for a more immersive experience but I got mine from the street already cooked

4. Seafood | I strongly recommend you to try the seafood restaurants in Dotonbori if you're fairly wealthy and healthy. The taste is worth it.

There are a lot of other eateries at the place (Chinese, Korean, Japanese Cuisine). So my apologies for not being able to name them all.

Day 2

The second day was all about sight seeing as we spend pretty much our whole day at Kyoto to see the temples and shrines.

The 2 places we went to in Kyoto is:

1. Kiyomizu Temple

2. Kinkakuji Temple

Kiyomizu Temple literally translates to "pure water temple". The way up to the temple was crowded with people and there were people wearing traditional costumes. THE GIRLS DONNED IN KIMONO WERE INDEED A SIGHT FOR MY SORE EYES :P

There were stalls lined up all the way to the temple and the stalls all sell very interesting things at a reasonable price to hack away at tourists' wallets.

That said Kiyomizu temple was still amazing, I'm not really a temple person so I can't express much about the temple itself.

Kinkakuji Temple = "The temple of the Golden Pavilion". The place was really just a park with a lake and the iconic Pavilion made out of gold. The scenery however was amazing, I took many videos at the place which may or may not show up in my vlogs.

The atmosphere there was just very Japanese.

Day 3

As our hostel is by Nippombashi station (which means a lot of iconic tourist areas are there), I went to the Kuromon Ichiba Market in the morning to do some filming and shopping.

The place was my country's equivalent of a wet market however it was catered to tourists and the food/ingredients there were so fresh and cheap. I also discovered a lot of never before seen food personally and the place is just amazing for filming really. The atmosphere of the place there shouts "IT'S A JAPANESE MARKET HERE".

After we finished our business we moved on to Nipponbashi itself otherwise known as Den-Den Town. Nothing much to say about it, once again an amazing filming location. It's pretty much a coloured-up shopping district bringing in loads of business.

There were many anime shops and arcade along the street however they didn't allow any filming which got me wondering why they don't allow filming in certain shops. Of course I can understand why they wouldn't allow filming in Adult Shops, I can't even go into one thanks to my family XD

Then we went to a Cat Cafe, my first time experience at a Cat Cafe and it's AWESOME. I never felt so much love from cats before and the cats there were so well-groomed and beautiful.

My cousins and Aunt arrived (from their home which is 3 hours away from our hostel) and we took their luggage to the hostel before heading out to Umeda once again.

This time with my cousins, they brought us to a different district in Umeda. A district where the younger generation people dwelled. We went to the Hep Five building to do some shopping and played the arcade for a bit.

What amazed me was the Ferris Wheel on top of the Hep Five building and the arcade that ensues at the higher levels. There were like 4D rides and haunted houses asides from the ordinary claw machines and aracade machines.

We went back to the hostel and played Uno with my cousins and conversed to the best of our ability for a little bit before ending the day off.

My interaction with my cousins were awkward af but we still talked a bit here and there and I know a bit of Japanese. Compared to my sister who couldn't speak to them at all because she does not know any Japanese XD

Day 4

We spend today at Nara Park, period.

Everyone except me squealed in delight when they saw the Deers at Nara Park. I was happy and enjoyed my time with the Deers too, I mean they look so cute and some of them even bow to me.

I had fun bowing with some of the Deers and feeding them. Their fur feels so thin and nice to touch, I wonder how they endure the cold environment then.

There were stores lined up selling Nara Deers-related products once again hacking away at the wallets of the tourists and snacks to feed the Deers.

While we were done having our fun at Nara Park, I noticed one Deer looking in to a restaurant with a sad face. It has obvious intention and desire for the food in the restaurant LOL.

At night, we went back to Dotonbori once again and my cousins has their own agenda there which I wanted to follow them and find out. But after dinner at Dotonbori, I couldn't bear the cold at night and went back to the hostel first. Also because of the fact that they were females so I was a little shy to just follow them around without the ability to fully communicate with them.

That night, we played Uno again to bond before going to sleep.

Day 5

Today we leave Japan. T.T

I haven't enjoyed myself fully in Japan yet as my illness was starting to take off for a bit while I was in Japan.

We say our goodbyes, they say their well wishes, tears were shed but it's alright. I'll make money and go back to see them again.

So the trip was overall FUN. I'll end the entry here before this gets too long. Apologies for the lack of images in this entry but thanks for reading anyways! <3 yall.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog